Family

Family

Fatey-Faith

Fatey-Faith

Bunny Girls

Bunny Girls

Dabildoya

Dabildoya

Flower Girls

Flower Girls

SISTERS

SISTERS

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Some Things I Know

So here are some things that I know.
Death comes for us all. That is a sure thing. There are variables to when, where, how and such. But there is no avoiding death.
Death will touch you. If you live five years or fifty, you will have known death in some form or another. Someone you know will die.
Life is about conflict and peace, love and pain, hope and despair. Without both good and bad sides, there is no point to anything.
Two people connected to me have died this week. One, a loose connection and the other, much closer. A friend's grandfather and my grandfather's brother. Odd that I never met either and yet, they managed to touch me, each in a different way.
Hurricanes will come. They are an unstoppable force that cannot be avoided. And yet, somehow, each year, we are surprised by their force and destruction.
Hope everyone's okay after Ike.

No comments: